Food & Drink Policy
To promote a welcoming and comfortable environment for the University community, the KSU Library System permits the consumption of food and drink in most areas of the Sturgis Library at Kennesaw Campus and Johnson Library at Marietta Campus. This policy seeks to accommodate our users while protecting the University’s substantial investment in collections, furnishings and equipment. To help provide for the kind of environment that works for all users, and in consideration of your fellow students, the Library System asks for your cooperation in observing the following set of conditions:
- No food in any collaborative technology rooms (interactive media tables with monitors).
- Drinks must be covered by a lid or cap where computer equipment is located.
- No foods that have a strong odor or that have distracting sounds.
- Food deliveries are not allowed in the Library.
- Discard all trash in waste bins.
- Clean up spills as soon as possible (ask at the Check Out Desk if assistance is needed), and contact a library employee if other assistance is needed or with policy enforcement.
Violators will be asked to produce a KSU photo ID. Violators without a photo ID may be asked by KSU Campus Security to leave either of the two buildings.
Violators of this policy will be referred to the Department of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (SCAI).
Contact our Access Services Department for further assistance:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw Campus: 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta Campus: 470-578-7276