KSU Library System Mission and Vision
The KSU Library System is committed to providing services and resources that directly support the University's efforts to become a world-class R2/comprehensive university recognized for its excellence in education, discovery, innovation, technology, and community engagement. In dealing with both physical and virtual environments the library system carefully crafts collections and services that enhance teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative endeavors for users at the various libraries.
The KSU Library System strives to become a premier national comprehensive library that supports Carnegie R2 level research by providing excellence in services, support, innovative resources, and learning spaces to our scholarly communities.
In addition to supporting the Core Values of Librarianship as set out by the American Library Association, Our Values Statement describes our organizational culture and shared beliefs to help guide us in our courses of action and form a foundation for our planning.
Service Excellence: Our highest priority is to meet the needs of our users in a professional, proactive, friendly, and enthusiastic way.
Learning: We promote the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and are committed to the academic success and personal growth of our users.
Diversity: We value the diversity of faculty, students, and staff and strive to reflect that diversity by providing a full spectrum of resources and services to the campuses and communities we serve.Effective
Communication: We strive to communicate with each other and our users with respect, courtesy, honesty, and sensitivity to promote the effective and frequent exchange of ideas and information.
Collaboration: We believe in collaboration and teamwork, both with each other and with other departments, colleges, and institutions to achieve common goals.
The KSU Library System advances professional values of intellectual freedom, intellectual property rights, user privacy and confidentiality, collaboration, and user-centered service.
To accomplish this we will:
- Resist all efforts to censor library resources.
- Protect each library users right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Respect intellectual property rights and advocate for the balance between the interests of information users and the rights of information holders through policy and educational programming.
- Support academic integrity and deter plagiarism through user education.
- Commit to a user-centered approach and demonstrate the centrality of users in all aspects of service design and delivery in the physical space and virtual environments.
- Collaborate both on campus and across institutional boundaries.
- Strive for excellence in customer service.
- Support Affordable Learning Georgia and the Textbook Transformation Grant efforts to support zero textbook costs.