Group Study Room Policy
The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a comfortable place for students
in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups. Permanent assignment of rooms is
not made to any academic group or social organization. Rooms may not be used for any “for
profit activity” (such as tutoring, promotions, etc.).
1. Collaborative Technology and Group Study Rooms are only available to currently enrolled Kennesaw State University students.
2. A.Sturgis Library at Kennesaw Campus:
- Rooms on the first and third floors are reserved for groups of two (2) or more on a first-come, first-serve basis using the Library’s online LibCal system.
2. B. Johnson Library at Marietta Campus
Rooms on the second floor with technology are reserved for groups of two (2) or more on a first-come, first-serve basis using the Library’s online LibCal system. Rooms without technology do not need reservations.
Georgia Highlands College students may reserve rooms at MARIETTA CAMPUS ONLY.
3. The person who schedules the room will be held responsible for the conduct of all
group members and
condition of the room at the end of scheduled time.
4. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes and then the room will be made available
for other groups to
make a reservation.
5. Individuals found sleeping or eating in the rooms will be asked to leave.
6. Collaborative Technology and Group Study Rooms are not available for functions such as classes, lectures or seminars, and groups found to be more than room capacity will be asked to vacate.
7. Collaborative Technology and Group Study Rooms are not soundproof; please be considerate of other users studying in the library. Groups that are excessively noisy and disturb others may be asked to leave.
8. Doors in the rooms may not be blocked and windows cannot be covered.
9. Close doors to Collaborative Technology Rooms and make sure that they lock behind you once reservation concludes. Group Study Rooms without technology should not be locked.
10. Furnishings from other parts of the Library may not be brought into the rooms.
11. Only covered drinks (NO FOOD) will be allowed in the Collaborative Technology Rooms. Consumption of low noise and odor free foods allowed in the Group Study Rooms. Beverages must be in spill proof containers. Students are required to clean up any spills and debris.
12. Personal belongings are not to be left unattended. Unattended items will be removed and sent to the Library’s Lost and Found. The Library is not responsible for any unattended items.
13. Children are not allowed in group study rooms. In keeping with University policy, the Library cannot accommodate children of faculty, staff, and students. Library resources such as Group Study Rooms, computers, etc. are made available for student use only.
14. The dry erase boards in the rooms are for your use. Markers and erasers are provided. Please notify a staff member at the Check Out Desk on the ground floor if supplies are low or needed.
15. Please erase your work from dry erase boards and throw away any trash before you vacate the room.
16. The rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to Library closing.
17. KSU Police and Library Administration will monitor rooms.
- Cooperation and courtesy is expected.
- Violations of the KSU Student Code of Conduct or this policy will be referred to the Departmentof Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (SCAI).
- POLICIES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION.