Library Instruction Program
This year we encourage you and your classes to participate in one of our two library orientations! You can choose between a live webinar (LOOP) or a series of asynchronous mini-modules (LEAP). In both orientations, students will learn how to search for books and academic articles, get help from librarians, and use our library services.
- Our live webinar will take place during your normally scheduled class meeting time the week of August 22, 2022 via MS Teams. We ask that your students join the webinar as a class with one webinar facilitator per class.
- Our asynchronous mini-modules can be embedded within your course D2L and students will receive an orientation completion certificate to document their participation. We recommend that students complete all four modules as a part of their orientation experience.
The KSU Library System's library instruction program contributes to student success through a variety of instruction techniques, such as, guest lectures, asynchronous learning materials, and course integrations. We provide students with guidance on developing appropriate lines of inquiry, source selection, searching strategies, professional and scholarly communication, as well as discipline-specific information.
To reserve a librarian for your course, complete our Librarian Request Form!Request a Librarian for your Course
For questions about classes contact the KSU Library System Instruction Coordinator, Christina Holm, at email@example.com or at 470-578-6197.
KSU Library's Course Reserves service allows instructors to place physical or electronic items on reserve for your class for the duration of the semester.
- Materials may be the instructor’s own copies of books, CD's, DVD's or articles that you drop off or send via .pdf.
- Instructors can also specify items from the collection that we will temporarily relocate to Electronic Reserves for your students.
- Simply fill in the e-form request, which instructors can find below in Submit Reserves - Faculty.
- Once an instructor submits a request and drops off the materials, please allow 5 business days for us to get them ready.
- As soon as the instructor receives an email that the request is completed students will have access to either check items out or view them electronically.
- For Electronic Reserves, faculty will receive an e-reserves course password to give to students to access the reserve materials online.
Kennesaw State University Library System is required to comply with all applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. All KSU faculty, staff, and students are expected to do the same and we will work with you to ensure that all material placed on reserve complies with copyright law. It is the individual responsibility of all faculty, staff, and students to obtain copyright clearance. Please contact the Course Reserves Coordinator for guidance.
Electronic Reserve ItemsReserves Form (Kennesaw) Reserves Form (Marietta)
Bring items (with folders) to the Check Out Desk, Ground floor.
Allow (5) days before announcing availability.
Electronic Reserve Items
- Read Electronic Reserve Guidelines
- Submit Reserves Form
- Allow(5) days before announcing availability.
- Provide students with the E-Reserves Course Password (E-Mailed to you)
- Provide students with a link in D2L
Collegiate Liaison Program
Resources for Grant Seekers